Friday, September 11, 2015

Whistle While You Walk

Charlottesville has a program that pays a small stipend for teachers who walk or ride to work each month. They want to reduce emissions and promote exercise.

I can get paid to spend less on gas and improve my health?

Sign me up.

That healthy green environmental stuff is nice, too. No one wants LA air quality.

The Volvo needed a brake job, so I did a dry run Friday. It took a little over 35 minutes to walk 1.8 miles at a decent pace. My deodorant held.

Of course, the kids asked me to play basketball at lunch and then I walked back a different route (2.0 miles this time). Then I decided to do start a minor exercise routine when I got home (curls, push-ups, nothing fancy).

It was a good thing Shane was with Nana and Pop. I was pretty beat by the time he'd normally show up!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're getting so much good exercise! That's great that they even give a small stipend to teachers who walk or ride a bike to work. And I love it that you played basketball with your students at lunch! Way to go, Mike!

    ReplyDelete