Saturday, September 12, 2015

Couple Time

While Shane gallivanted around Northern Virginia with Cole, Carrie and I had the chance for some couple time.

It started with a sushi-rito.


Then we stumbled upon "Paint the Town Orange."


Shane would've gone nuts. UVA (0-1) almost upset #9 Norte Dame (1-0) the next day. We could hear the stadium noise from our house.

Saturday, we slept in and took it easy. When we did venture forth, Carrie wanted to check on Pix.


We took turns riding a bike in the back of a semi-demolished department store on the way home.


I also lost two out of three rounds of Twister. 


In my defense, Carrie hogged the middle. She was cutthroat! I got my only win after I read the rules and started us on opposite sides.

We tried to watch some actual TV, but the commercials immediately pushed us back to streaming. We enjoyed some MASH, Star Trek Voyager, and we started Dr. Who Season 8. I have a little Netflix fatigue. Carrie's charged up, on the other hand!

Shane returns tomorrow. It will be fun to hear about his adventures. I heard there's another toy garbage truck heading our way....

1 comment:

  1. That's great that you and Carrie enjoyed your "couple time" while Shane was gone. It was a win-win deal -- Shane and Cole had bonding time and you two had honeymoon/pre-kid time! Thanks for sharing him. We really enjoyed it! Jama was especially thrilled. She had really missed Shane.

    ReplyDelete