Friday, December 9, 2016

Chicken Crime Scene

Saturday morning, the chicken count was off. There were no holes or obvious escape or entry routes. Carrie noticed that one of the latches wasn't secure, though. 

Someone had stolen a chicken. 

Worse, it was Buffy. Her favorite.


A second check when the sun was up revealed feathers under dead leaves. Buffy had dug herself into a corner and gotten stuck.


Crisis averted. No police report was filed. We let Shane know Buffy was missing, so he was happy to hear we'd found her.


So far, our ladies have dropped about a dozen eggs. No word on how many are dudes. However, Carrie suspects at least one. One of the eggs may or may not have been fertilized. I couldn't tell you, though.

1 comment:

  1. I am so relieved that Buffy is okay! I was upset at first and now happy it ended well. I'm living vicariously through you since I'm fascinated with chickens.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete