Thursday, January 5, 2017

Bomb Threat

There was a bomb threat at Shane's school today. They evacuated and called in the police dogs. To combat the cold, the kids were loaded onto buses and driven to the Food Lion parking lot around the corner. I found out right away, because the security officers at my school were listening on the radio.

I let the student who was with me that period know what was going on, but asked him not to tell the other kids. He kept his word. He liked being in the know, and I wanted him to see how I handled the situation, too.

An hour later, the police gave the all clear. Shane got to go to after-school as usual. It was a good thing, too, because I had to hop on a bus for a wrestling match!

Carrie asked him how school went and he told her they went on a big "scavenger hunt!" They even went on buses!

No comments:

Post a Comment