Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Sparring Week

I thought it would be a busy week, so I took Shane to TKD on Monday. It was sparring week! He was thrilled.


The first 30 minutes of practice were fantastic, but he got super goofy at the end. The instructor had to tell him to stop climbing on pads/mats a couple of times. He probably would have earned a black stripe up until then.

I asked the instructor if Shane could come back on Wednesday since he missed the two previous weeks. He said, "Sure!" so we showed up again.


It was much more crowded than Monday! It helped that it was sparring week. I didn't get any guff from him when I said it was time to go.


I'm not trying to turn my kid into a martial arts fanatic, but between wrestling and TKD it almost seems that way doesn't it? If he could sit still for longer I'd put him in a music class to balance it out, but he's not there yet.

Shorter term: If there's time (and he'll listen) I want to talk to him about how to pivot his foot to throw a roundhouse TKD style.

No comments:

Post a Comment