Monday, March 20, 2017

New Do

Shane's hair was too long.


Carrie finally let me cut it.


Shane was happy, too, because Carrie OK'd the haircut he asked for.


A mohawk.


I guess this is supposed to be his "tough stance."


For the record, I said "No." I thought Carrie was going to back me up. When she didn't, I went with the flow. Shane's in kindergarten, so it's not like the mohawk will scar him for life. I used a #5 on the rest of his head, so a few swipes down the middle in his sleep would even out the do.


And you know what? Shane was thrilled with it.


It strangely fits him, too. He's all energy and "look at me!"


His smile made us smile.


Nana didn't approve.


Shane really wanted to share it with her. I did to, but that's because I enjoy causing trouble. Banter is in the blood.






I love Nana! Sometimes I feels sorry for her, because my siblings and I normally poke at her rather than the other way around. It's a good thing she has a sense of humor about everything.

We even got a good lesson out of it. 

Shane watched as Nana and I texted back and forth. At one point, he got swept up with the hyper energy and suggested I say something with "stupid." 

I shut that down fast.

"I will NOT insult Nana. That is MY MOTHER. I love her. I enjoy teasing and playing, but I will NOT call her names." Blah, blah, respect, something or other. 

I thought it was good lesson at least. I've been swept up with the hyper and said things I regret before. Shane takes after me there.

I think he got the hint: No name-calling. We had some fun laughs.

Shane's Sunday school class loved the mohawk, by the way.

Guess where he took it on Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment