Sunday, May 28, 2017

Memorial Day Weekend: Sunday

It was Sunday. A day of rest. Shane got to watch a lot of TV in the morning, so that we could rest!


Carrie went through old photo albums.


I'm not at liberty to reveal much of what I saw and we talked about, but...


....I had to share a couple.


I hope my wife will forgive me later. She can't deny these are great photos.


We went to church and a diner for lunch in Williamsburg.


We hopped on the ferry for Shane. He's still young enough a ferry is awesome.


(This is what I look like in case anyone forgot).


Not many people took advantage of the observation deck.



I admit, I enjoy this sort of thing, too.


We explored a little on the other side of the James, before we circled back.


We noticed an Osprey chick this time around. Carrie got excited and looked it up online. The chick's a local celebrity.


Carrie wanted to go to Jamestown next. I didn't think Shane was old enough (or the weather good enough) that I'd want to shell out $43 for him to run around and stress Carrie out in a new place.


We compromised by going to the gift store.


Shane should be old enough to start learning about history in school next year. I bet Grandpa and Grandma know ways to get discounts, too.


All this time, Shane was asking to go fishing. He got his wish after a Sunday nap.


The fish were biting. Too bad they were all babies.



He really wanted to help Carrie skin sweet potatoes, too, but that was nixed.


Really, Shane wants to be in the middle of anything. I think Shane is also morally opposed to silence. He keeps up an endless string of noise talking to himself, humming, singing, and/or making noises.

1 comment: