Thursday, August 30, 2018

Cavity Calamity

I got to spend my morning getting a pair of cavities filled. Then I got to spend my afternoon at the dentist with Shane. Carrie picked him up and brought him to my school to make the timing work out smoothly.

Shane got a hold of the controls and maxed out the chair height when given a chance.


He was overly playful while the technician cleaned his teeth. Shane wouldn't open his mouth after closing it for the saliva ejector. He'd just smile and hold on.

101 Dalmations helped Shane wait for the dentist. The cleaning and xrays went fairly quick, but it took a bit for her to work her way down the line to us.


I bet she didn't see this coming!


The bad news: Shane's got two cavities we need to act on. They're on his baby teeth adjacent to the molars. The dentist said they were tracking them from last time to see if they'd grow enough to be problems that needed to be dealt with. Shane needs to do a better job brushing and he should start flossing.


The good news: That's why I pay for dental insurance. It's optional, but I wanted to have it if we needed it.

We'll go back in a couple of weeks to get the first cavity filled. Depending on how Shane handles it, we may fill the smaller, second cavity or we may try an alternative treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment