Friday, August 17, 2018

TKD Camp and a New Belt!

Shane's been at TKD camp this week. He loves TKD camp.

It's not due to the martial arts. It's all the kids going to parks, movies, playing game boys, and watching movies in between bits of TKD. 

One day, he watched the end of Lego Batman and then watched it again when they restarted it. That happened to be on movie day where the whole camp went to the Alamo Drafthouse and saw Despicable Me! That's a lot of movie time!

There are other days that involved swimming and more active activities, but it's more about fun and cheap childcare than it is I feel like it's an amazing learning opportunity.

I saw the camp unloading at a local park while I was out at lunch time. I almost dropped by to shock Shane, but decided against.


Raheem asked to go one day. He's asked to go to see Shane at TKD and I've refused. Rah's persisted and I was doing a pickup plus library run afterward, so I allowed him to come this time.


Shane showed off the climbing wall, of course!


It ain't easy, but it is fun!


I had the boys carry in the library books for me. I bumped into a wrestling parent and let the boys run off into the kid's area on their own.


I found them in the graphic novels section when I caught up. Shane was bummed there were no Plants vs Zombies books.


Friday, Shane had his belt test. I can't give any specifics about how he did, because I wasn't there. He came out wearing a green belt, so it must have gone well!


For a kid who likes to talk, he didn't want to give any details. Makes me wonder if he was embarrassed and didn't want to admit a mistake. It came out later he had trouble breaking the wood board. "But you did it!"  "Yeah, but it was weak wood!"

We made a big deal out of being proud of his effort and new belt. Shane picked to go to Appleby's for dinner and Carrie had bought some ice cream for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment