Tuesday, August 21, 2018

The Calm Before Breaks Early

Lots of trainings before the students show up. My coworker, Max, and I had a baby. We rolled very, very poorly and it didn't go too smoothly.


I found some Cowboys paraphernalia in my room, so I dropped it off in the Eagles fan's room. I found some letters cleaning out shelves in the staff room and put them to use, too.


It's the calm before the storm. The kids will come on Wednesday and the honeymoon period will begin. How long will it last? We won't know until we start.

I got an emergency text from Carrie on the way home. The truck was acting up and she was taking it to the shop. I called back and we ended up meeting on the side of the road just past the light at Cherry and Elliott.

We got some power steering fluid, unloaded a random van, and did a test drive to see if a low level of power steering fluid was what caused the problem.

It wasn't. We made it to Word of Mouth Auto, but Carrie had to do a 6 point turn using her full body to turn a truck with no power steering.


The diagnosis: Catastrophic failure of power steering. We refilled the reservoir, but it was all gone within a few miles down the road. It may have poured itself out with the first 100 yards for what we know.

It was good timing for Carrie to message when she did, at least. We met on the way, took care of the truck, and got back before we needed to pick up Shane.

Carrie's going to be dropping me off and picking me up at work until we get the truck back!

UPDATE: It was nice being chauffeured around, but there was a glitch Wednesday. I ended up walking halfway home before Carrie remembered me! I went ahead and walked the rest of the way after that for the exercise. It's good to do things like that to put your blessings in perspective, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment