Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Jr Wrestling Club, Take Two

Last week, I got an email at 9 AM the DAY OF saying, "Good luck with your clubs today!" I checked the roster and I had 15 kids signed up for wrestling.

I had no shorts. I had no wrestling shoes. I was in a button-down dress shirt and already at work.

I ran home during my off period to get a change of clothes. Then, I rushed over after my school ended and made it in the nick of time.

11 very hyper kids showed up the first day. One kid with extremely limited English couldn't figure out his bus to go home on and held up the whole school for 30 minutes at the end.

13 kids showed up the next week. 

The good news is the club has grown! 

The bad news is we're too big for the space I've got at Crow Rec! 

I'm working on getting over to the high school mat room sooner rather than later. It took months last year, but I'm hoping it will go faster this year.

After all, I started in a trailer last year, but at least had mats the start of this year. That's progress!

Finally. I could really use an assistant. It's hard to find knowledgeable volunteers for a once a week, hour and fifteen minute gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment