Saturday, September 8, 2018

TKD Upgrade

With his green belt, Shane needed a gear upgrade. It cost me $139 to get him new pads and a new uniform. The pads were required, but the uniform ($22) was because he'd outgrown the old one. 


It's hard to get Shane to TKD classes on school days. Shane pouts and scowls when I pick him up from CLASS early.


For now, I can take him to TKD on Saturdays. That may change when soccer starts up.


Shane held up his nut cup and asked, "What's this for?"


"To protect your jewels," I replied.

"What are my jewels?"

"Your balls. Get out there kid. You can skip it this time."


Ironic that Shane got kicked in the balls for the first time in all his years at TKD the first day he had a cup and didn't put it on, isn't it?

"And that's why you wear it. You'll remember from now on, kid!"


I think the gear made Shane a little braver. He did less blocking and tried kicking more.


I guess he's good for his age, but Shane's got a long way to go!


He had fun in the new gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment