Saturday, October 19, 2019

Poop Spreading the Fun Way

Horses are big. Their poop is big. 


You can think they're cute, but don't think they're neat-nicks by nature. Our fields are littered with poop piles after a month of grazing.

Tonight, we did something about it. I flipped the arena drag over, so that the tines pointed up. I hooked it back up to the gator and drove out into the fields.


Then, Shane and I went for a joy ride!


It was a little like a video game. Steer over the poop at full speed for full points and the biggest 'explosion.'

I thought going a little slower spread more evenly, but Shane swore full speed was the way to go!

When Carrie came home, I pulled over to let her and Shane go for a spin (Nothing like family bonding!).


I went by the barn to check on the horses and take care of chores. The horses' eyes were all glued to the crazy gator tearing around their fields.


The fields looked a lot better when we were done. It was supposed to (finally) rain, so I'd wanted to spread the poo/fertilizer to help the grass grow again.

1 comment:

  1. Great joy! Great joy! Pop and I are so excited that you updated you blog. What a wonderful adventure it is to have horses. I like Shane's haircut, too!
    Love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete