Sunday, October 27, 2019

Shane's Weekend Plans

Shane feels like we don't do much, but I beg to differ. Shane went to soccer practice Thursday.


I watched as he scored a goal in practice! He was really excited. Later, I heard, "My dad is evil!"

Shane was offended, because I was grading papers instead of watching his every move. I yelled for him to focus on the practice and not me.


Then I got back to grading.

Grandma was visiting when we got home. She didn't stay for much longer, but that's a fair amount of action on the pre-weekend.


Friday was Trunk or Treat. For once, Shane was watching from a window eager for me to pick him up. "Why weren't you here earlier!?"

We ended up missing out. The text said it went until 7:30 PM, but when we arrived a little before 7 PM all of the cars were gone. We'd brought Loki, so we couldn't go into the school.


Shane was upset, but perhaps it was part poetic justice. He had fessed up in the car that he got in trouble at school for pushing a girl. He got slapped in return and the teacher said she was going to message all the parents. I told him we'd talk when we got home. I'd wanted to see if Mom got a text with more information before making any decision.

Carrie was busy talking to a hay guy at the barn, so Shane had to wait. I started to make dinner and by the time we talked we missed out. I didn't plan it that way, but it seemed fitting.

Saturday morning was soccer again. Shane was back in the goal and Loki and I were there to cheer. I realized Loki wasn't wearing a collar when we arrived, so I had to improvise with the leash.


Shane was excited to see a few kids on the other team he recognized like Anthony and Jonas! He really wanted a play date.


And he got one, but not with any soccer friends. Henry and his parents took Shane on a hike. They were gone for hours!

"Shane said we were trying to kill him on the way up, but he perked up," Erik said.

Shane scaled a rock while they were out!


I heard there were crawfish and peanut-butter jellies, too.

Sunday was mostly spent around the house. It was pouring rain. We went to the small local church in between dealing with water. It's been a little awkward/funny when Shane goes up for Children's Time each week and says, "Why am I the only kid here again!?" There have been some kids on another weeks, but we seemed to have missed them the last couple.

Due to the rain there was more TV and Kirby than usual. Shane gets a lot less electronic time than I did as kid when it comes down to it. I had to learn negotiation skills due to have siblings, though, so it wasn't all bad for me.

I would have loved to have gotten Shane a playdate Sunday, but it was not to be. We've got some people we can call, but we're still working on getting plugged in. I think he had plenty of opportunities to do fun things!

No comments:

Post a Comment