Monday, October 5, 2020

Shane's at Camp Nana-Pop....and the timing was perfect

Shane got to spend two weeks at Nana and Pop's. He's been living it large with cousins, trampolines, fast food, and grandparents! Nana and Pop have him call many nights and he talks about how wonderful it is.

Meanwhile, it was been hectic and busy at the barn. Shane got a ticket to paradise that left the station just before the stress express came in behind!

It started with Carrie trailering horses three days in a row and me picking up the chores while she did so. Ernie had surgery and then gave us all a scare by starting to colic. Carrie was especially scared, because she'd recommended the surgery and the owner's dad went into the hospital and into hospice at the same time all this was happening! Throw some other ongoing issues/conflicts in and Carrie was at her limit.

So I picked up whatever slack I could and stayed busy the whole time. I didn't write a single thing. If I ever realized I had the energy and focus to write, I quickly spent it on something else (like work emails!).

My own virtual school workload has continued to increase throughout. No longer is it "less work, but more draining." It is now "more work, because everything takes longer and I'm still not able to help everybody." 

It's still going well for what it is, but the work/home divide was destroyed when I started having zoom meetings 6 or 7 days a week (Only 5 days are required, but I've had 30 minute chats here and there on Saturday and Sundays to help kids).

And that's why I'm two weeks behind on the blog. The only reason I'm catching up now is, because Carrie and Shane are both out of town and I'm two weeks behind! 

Consider this the "tip of the iceberg" post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment