Friday, October 30, 2020

Surprise Delivery

I got two big surprises Monday. The first, was the Battletech kickstarter I'd backed over a year ago came in!


I got the email confirming shipping about 5 hours after the package arrived. I know the exact time window, because I was on my lunch break letting Loki run when the delivery truck appeared.

I opened it up and let the figurine hang out while I taught triangles!


I'd love to meet up with John McG to play, but he's been more and more distant as the pandemic has continued.  I sent him a bunch of pictures hoping to try and pique his interest, but failed. He refused to play a game with the rest of us a few weeks back, too. I'm sure that COVID has been rough on his mother's (and therefore his) mental health. Unfortunately, we don't live close enough for me to drop by and force him to hang out like I could do when we were younger.

After work a second box arrived! I was expecting that one, but not until Tuesday. 


I loved playing the Pandemic Legacy games with Carrie. I enjoyed it so much I pre-ordered the final game of the set. Normally, I would have waited a year or two for a sale. The time seemed right, though, with all the time we spend at home in this pandemic!

Sadly, there's not been any time (or Carrie energy) to play anything. My plan is to start the campaign the next time Shane visits Nana and Pop for virtual school. That should be sometime in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment