Sunday, October 25, 2020

Mr. Eddy and Me

Carrie made a deal with Heidi. 

Heidi was thinking about retiring Eddy to cut personal costs. Carrie, the bleeding heart, said, "I'll give you a discount if you let Mike learn to ride on Eddy."


The deal made both women happy.

Eddy wasn't asked what he thought. He can be a grumpy, old gus when tacking up!


Carrie did ask me, and I okayed the deal. It's been a while since I've been on a horse. Maybe it was time.

I view the barn less as an economic adventure and more as a way to pay for Carrie's horse addiction and make her be social. Anytime we can be a blessing to someone else is from the calling higher than that.

So I got my first lesson on Eddy. 

I learned a couple of valuable lessons: 1) When Carrie says something over and over again, it's a cue about timing when to do it and not a criticism, and 2) Eddy doesn't like to step in his own poop (He always poops within 5 minutes of being ridden).

So we're committed now. There's money on the table and an excited German woman asking about how I'm learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment