Wednesday, September 1, 2021

A Random Manga Aside

It started when I bought Carrie a manga as a surprise. I was in Virginia Beach the morning after Shane was in the ER from the failed flip at camp.

I read the manga while eating lunch and waiting for camp to end. It was fun, but ended (predictably) on a cliffhanger.

I thought Carrie would read it, but she didn't. Instead, I took Shane to a comic book shop while our power was out. The shop had the next two books in the series, so I picked them up.

Another cliffhanger. 

At this point, I was invested. I wanted to know what happened next.

I bought the next two books from the comic shop when Carrie and I were on errands near Dover Saddlery.

We ordered Vol 6 and 7 on Amazon and then I made a detour on the way home picking up Shane. I got him a Wings of Fire book (so that it wasn't all about me!) and picked up Vol 8-10.


So...yeah. One thing led to another and now I have them all.

Sadly, the next volume isn't released until November. 

(9/22 UPDATE: Shane finally earned the 10th volume of his Splatoon manga as I'm writing this. We bought a ten pack over the summer to dole out. No we'll have to decide if we want to buy more or switch to a new title).



No comments:

Post a Comment