Friday, September 3, 2021

Hard-Earned Lessons: Limit Hay in the Spreader

We had some hay stay in a feeder overlong, so Carrie threw it in the back of the spreader. It wasn't full, so over the next several days I filled it with the usual payload.

I got a surprise when I tried to spread it: Nothing was coming out. I saw why when I stopped to inspect it. 


The hay gummed up the whole works. I pulled enough hay out of the bottom by hand the spreader was able to get back to spreading, but when I stopped I saw a new tangle.


Which I had to work out by hand, because my hands were already nice and dirty by that point. It was hot to the touch.


I made multiple mental notes to not touch my face. Or anything. But I cleared the mess and left a pile of hay off on the bridle path.

Lesson learned: Minimize hay in the spreader. I don't feel like repeating the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment