Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Comedic Complaints

I miss the bathroom by my old room sometimes.

The staff bathroom near my new room is right off the main hallway.


It's akin to an outhouse alongside an interstate. The wind of everyone passing shakes the door and you never feel alone. 

The bathroom isn't soundproof yet somehow manages to capture smells (and not the good ones). I don't know if the staff on this side of the building are 'more productive' or if there's someone with gut issues consistently making questionable food choices. 

For the first several days, I didn't know how to tell if anyone was using it or not, either. I was afraid I'd open the door on someone! I know I wasn't the only one to have that issue. I've felt that special dread that hits when someone else's key starts fumbling in the lock while half the school passes by as I relieve myself. Headlines flash in the mind's eye: "Teacher fired for exposing himself to students." 

Thankfully, there is a bolt. The door doesn't fit flush with the frame and I've learned you can see if the bolt is engaged. That allows you to avoid the awkward knock and key fumble if you don't hear the response over all the hallway traffic.  

I give this bathroom a final rating of 5 out of 10 stars. It's normally physically clean, but the sounds, smells, and location leave much to be desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment