Thursday, October 7, 2021

Creative Crafting Shane

I found a 'boat' in the bathroom sink the other day.


Then there was a paper car ramp attached to the cat tree.


I love it when Shane gets creative. When he zones in on a project is one of the few times he's quiet! The kid will try to turn reading a book into a read aloud performance!


Lately, Shane's taken an interest in origami. Specifically, paper airplanes.


Some of his projects are kirigami, because he makes cuts with scissors. He needs to work on his crease lines, but Shane made quick gains for a small time investment!


The preferred testing grounds are wherever there's an audience. I've encouraged Shane to throw the planes off the porch, but he'll bang on windows or wait until someone comes out before doing too many test flights!


He's not fond of Loki chasing down his planes, but Loki loves it!


Shane has tried throwing multiple planes at once to up the fun. First they were separate, but then he managed to find some tape.


It sorta worked. Which is still better than I expected.


Shane's ideas came back to ground after the airplane craze. He started turning ziplock bags into 'water bombs' (more expensive water balloons for those without balloons!).

I filmed the unveiling of his new water war weapon: A cardboard tank.


Like I said, I love it when Shane shows his creative side! I do what I can to encourage it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment