Thursday, November 10, 2022

Wrestling Season 2022-23! (The Backlog!)

Wrestling season is upon us! I am assisting again!

Last year's assistant coach, Coach Williams, is now head coach. Last year's head coach, Coach Flood, is now an assistant. There was a bit of confusion in the leadup and one student had told me Flood had quit due to a surgery. She got it part right, he did have surgery (hernia) right before the season. He still wanted to help, but wanted a step back in responsibility while Williams was ready to take a step up.

It was good to see both of them. They're good guys, and the kids will benefit from consistency in the program.

Pre-season, I thought "What would it be like if I were head coach?" It was pure fantasy, though. No one asked me, and I need to be able to put my family's needs first. Carrie's in a better spot mentally and physically, so I plan on giving more of myself to the program this year. I signed him up for an afterschool soccer program on Mondays and Wednesdays where I'll need to leave practice early to pick him up. On Wednesday, I'll probably pick him up from school, drive somewhere for dinner, and then take him to Youth Group right afterward.

Last year, I tended to leave around 5ish each day. This year, I intend to stay until 6ish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment