Saturday, February 9, 2013

Shane Loves His Mommy

Shane's developed a strong love for Mommy.

Every morning, Shane and I have to wake Mommy up. Sometimes, I have to announce really loudly that we're coming up the stairs so that Carrie can run and jump back in bed before we get there.

Most of the time, though, Shane is Mommy's official alarm clock!

I follow Shane up the stairs, and turn on a hallway light. Shane opens the bedroom door.The light spills into Carrie and I's room just enough so that Shane can see and Carrie isn't startled awake before he arrives. 

The rest is up to Shane.

With a giggle, he races to the bed! He throws a foot up on the baseboard and scrambles up onto the covers. Carrie is still fast asleep. 

Shane crawls over and, with a contented sigh ("mmmm!"), lays on top of Carrie and gives her a good morning kiss.

Carrie wakes up to the good morning snuggle and "mmmms!" right back! 

It's the kind of sight that warms a daddy's heart. My son wallows all over my wife, and she smiles and soaks it in. 

My job is to referee the whole process to make sure Shane doesn't pounce and/or Carrie doesn't bolt upright.

Shane normally wants to hide under the covers after he's done snuggling. "MOMMY HIDE? DADDY HIDE?" We've had more than one family pow-wow underneath the covers with Shane crawling around!

At night time, Shane wants to make sure he says good night to Carrie before I carry him upstairs. If she's already in bed, we usually drop by for a quick visit.


The picture is a little dated since the therapist told Carrie that it's time to switch off of bottles, but the sentiment hasn't changed! 

It's hard to believe Shane once fit in my wife, isn't it? He's a big 2-year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment