Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Tough Couple of Days for Carrie

Yesterday, Shane had an allergy panel.


He was not happy with the whole process. Carrie said he started thrashing and hitting well before the test. He even headbutted the doctor. I got an "I am emotionally exhausted" email from her while at work.

Thankfully, I was able to leave work on time. Carrie took Shane to PetSmart to get a new fish filter and I met up with my babe and baby to help out.

Today, Carrie's tooth fell out again!

Carrie rushed to the dentist, but they were't able to work her in until later. The dentist said the filling/cap wouldn't work anymore. The new plan involved grinding down the rest of the tooth and fitting a crown (sounds like fun). Carrie was only fitted with a temporary crown today, and she'll have to go back later in March after the surgery to remove her tumor.

Throughout this, my parents were a huge help. They held on to Shane willingly.

I left my night class early when it was clear Carrie wouldn't be done at the dentist before 6 PM.

Pop-Pop and Shane were playing when I finally weaved through enough traffic to make it! Shane was in love with a new game Pop-Pop made. Shane would shout "TIMBER!" and then Pop-Pop would stretch up tall and slooowly fall forward to get him!  When Shane learned I would play 'Timber' too he made me fall over by myself 10 times in a row. Maybe that goes with the whole 'anti-Daddy' behavior, or maybe he just thought it was hilarious I would do what he asked! Ha ha. My boy was happy and playing with Pop-Pop and me, so I was fine with it either way. It made for a nicer way to end the night.

We stopped at Dunkin Donuts on the way home and the lady gave Shane a free pair of donut holes to see if he preferred glazed or chocolate*! The kid is a cutie. He's already getting free stuff from women. I'll have to drill the whole monogamy thing in if I don't want 20 grandkids.

Or do I? Hmmm......

Just kidding.

Wait until you're married, Shane!

Carrie fell asleep on the couch, so I think I'll go upstairs to finish my last 15 minutes of Lent reading.

Night, world.

*Glazed was the winner, by the way. We'll see if that changes as Shane gets older!

No comments:

Post a Comment