Saturday, July 13, 2013

No More Dumb-Phone for Me

Thanks to Costco, I am now the owner of a new smart phone: a Galaxy S3. It was on sale for $30. There would have been a $30 upgrade fee if I kept my old phone number, but Costco covers new activiation fees.

I said "goodbye" to my old number without a second beat. Continuity is nice, but $30 is $30.

The first thing I did with my new smart phone is take a bunch of pictures. I took 611 mb worth of pics and videos while chasing Shane around the airport (we were there to greet Megan! She's visiting from India).

The second thing I did was hand the phone to Dan. "Make it play good games, please!" Dan had an emulator he uses to "beat games he never beat from childhood."

I wanted it.

Carrie bought me a toy for my birthday that plays my old SNES games. The problems is they're old. My Shadowrun cartridge broke when I put it in. My Final Fantasy III cartridge (VI in Japan) lost one of my save files randomly. Dan's never had any of those issues since his games are through his phone.

Carrie and I have been trying to run down our batteries since. It's been fun. Learning new things is nice, and our cheap new droid phones are very shiny.

I plan to use my new phone to take many more pictures of my son and post them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment