Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Project Carrie

My wife is big on projects. Sometimes I come home and BAM! Some crazy stuff has happened.

This is what I found on Monday:


Carrie took Shane to daycare so she could add a tile backsplash in the kitchen. She even pulled out the oven so that she could keep everything even.

The project is only half done, but it looks great so far!

The other project I knew about: Operation Upgraded Kitty Pot.


Carrie bought this armoire from an ad on Craigslist for $25 (plus a few mirrors were thrown in for free).


Normally, Carrie likes to do all the dirty work herself, but she allowed me to use the power tools this time.


It would have been nice to have a jig saw, but I only had a circular saw. Definitely not the right tool for the job, but it beat doing things by hand! I chiseled out a few spots and then Carrie worked her magic to build a frame and step combo to mask my mistakes. She's going to add a step shelf on the inside to help the cats jump in and out.

Carrie took a quick video where we threw Min in and shut the doors. We closed Max in a little later. It's important that the cats know exactly where we want them to crap!

They seem to like it so far! They were lounging on the top and the cat tree. 

When I was looking for a wife, I didn't want a helpless 'rescue me' girl. I landed a crafty creative thinker! It certainly makes life more interesting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment