Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Things I Do To Take These Classes

Today was one of those super busy days. A day where every time one task finished, it was time to move on to the next one.

I picked up Shane early from day-care, so that we could go get Subway and diapers before I had to go to class. Carrie works late, so I hired the kids from my tutor family to watch Shane. The mother has watched Shane for us, but I've never let Shane with her kids before.

I was a little nervous.

I do like how things have come full circle: I taught the eldest daughter math my first year at my school, and now she's babysitting my son. Jarrod, my tutor buddy, was there to help too, and he's going to be in charge on Wednesday. The family has a high-energy level that reminds me of my house growing up. I really like them all and I enjoy being around that kind of energy. I did not want to answer to Carrie if Shane got knocked over by one of their dogs or came home with a bruise, though!

I checked my phone throughout class, but I did not call or text to check up on things. I can tell when I'm worrying for no good reason It doesn't mean I can immediately stop the worrying, but I know better than to act on it! Class ended a little late and I jumped in the car to pick up my boy.

Jarrod caught me completely by surprise. He taught Shane a new trick.

"Go COWBOYS!" Shane said.

Jarrod beamed.

I'd have to kill him if the situation wasn't so funny. I'm dressing Shane up in burgundy and gold for retaliation tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment