Thursday, May 8, 2014

Daddy Day

Grandpa and Grandma couldn't make it, so Shane had a Daddy Day.

First, we went to school. I had sub plans to write!

Shane loves my school (the glamour has worn off for the students). He gets treated like a rock-star and showered with attention and presents. Today, Shane got a chocolate covered strawberry, silly putty, hugs, fruit snacks, silly putt, a handheld fan, some shiny green rocks, and lots of oohs and aahs. An impressive haul.

When we came home, Shane immediately put his hand fan to work terrorizing the pets. 


Jack was the first victim.

We spent the next while playing with Shane's hoard of freebies.


Soon, the great outdoors called. I'm a big believer in little kids belong outside. When I started to look for useful things to do, Shane was excited to help.


I dug out two weed-infested garbage beds with my apprentice. I narrowly avoided getting knocked in the shins by his shovel several times, and managed not to accidentally throw him in the bucket when he'd stand on shovel. Good help is hard to come by!

Shane did do a good deed by pulling up Lisa and Sheryl's recycling can. It only took us the better part of 10 minutes! (Sorry about the shakey cam!)


I must have worn Shane out, because he took a long nap! I was starting to get worried he wouldn't sleep tonight, but then we went to swim class! Traffic made us a little late, but then Shane got to be in a class all on his own. I brought a book to read expecting a break, but I ended up watching the whole time. I wish I had my phone to take pictures, but I left it in the car. We went to Petsmart to play afterwards.

The night ended with some Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood and lots of fish sticks. I cooked them myself. If Shane and I both stay home tomorrow you'll know why (and I'll order pizza the next time Carrie off her feet!).

No comments:

Post a Comment