Friday, May 16, 2014

Going Swimmingly

Shane had his second Daddy-less swim lesson on Tuesday!


Shane was the only student for his first swim lesson, so I was curious to see how he would react to being in a group. He was surprisingly well behaved! Oh, he wandered about sometimes and clearly had energy to spare, but he listened to his teacher and tried to hang with the class!

I was very happy.

Also, I didn't even crack open my book. Twice I've brought it and twice it's laid unread. I'm too busy watching Shane.

I had my phone and took some video this time. The observation area is behind a mirrored window, so there's not much in the way of audio save my occasional comments. I was in a small crowd of other parents and I didn't want to be inconsiderate. It's also far too much work to splice the clips together and add in a soundtrack. These videos may all be the "obnoxious dad reliving his son's childhood in the future" sort, but that's okay. I am that dad and that's why I post these things!

Video 1: The swim lesson begins!


Around 40 seconds in is when everyone starts kicking. Shane soon gets very enthusiastic with it. That throwing himself into things with abandon will probably be a trademark of his as he gets older! Near the end you can see him jumping in the water, too. He did a lot of that. The rest is pretty bland.

Video 2: Lesson in progress


Shane shows no fear of the water. One of the little girls seemed to feel the same. The other two kids were more intimidated. I guess that those Daddy and Me lessons helped. It could also be that Shane has a tendency to charge head first into anything and everything.

I started to get a little paranoid when he was spinning himself dizzy, but I (mostly) kept from reacting. At least I didn't poke my head in and yell "Cut it out!"

Video 3: 19 seconds!


If you didn't really know my son and wanted to know how a lesson went this is the clip I'd show you.

Video 4: The After-Party


Remember the lockers? Shane did, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment