Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

It was a memorable Memorial Day.

Carrie and I are blessed to have family on both sides close by.

For breakfast, Carrie and I had a morning Starbucks date. Shane spent the night at Nana and Pop's.


For lunch, we met up with Kim and Ryan. They recently bought a townhouse within half an hour's drive. Kim's a big fan of board games (automatic awesome points), so she had a copy of Settlers of Catan for everyone to play after we ate.

Unfortunately, I forgot to bring the RSVP for their wedding again.

The first time, I put it in the Prius and told Carrie, "Don't worry! I'll give it to [Ryan and Kim] when I'm there!"

Today, Carrie got a message on Facebook reminding us about the RSVP.

Oops.

I immediately said, "It's a good thing we're visiting today. We can hand it to them then."

Which we didn't do. The RSVP was still in the Prius, but we drove the Volvo over. Oops again.

My ADHD does a great job of reminding me to be humble; I'm not perfect!

Shane would have loved to visited Ryan and Kim's new house, too, but that will have to wait for another day. He loves them.

For dinner, Carrie volunteered to grill burgers at Nana and Pop's. I'm useless in a kitchen, so I spent my time filming Shane and Cole playing about!

Video #1: Tee-ball attempts with Carrie trying to take my head off at the end.


Video #2: The first 20 seconds are hilarious. Carrie trimmed it out to put it on Facebook for her daily happy! I love my wife!


Video #3: Shane and Cole start to bounce on the trampoline together. It's cut short when my cell's memory runs low.


Video #4: More trampoline fun! I cleared up so memory to keep recording.


After I put the phone away, I started to crawl around under the trampoline. I wanted to surprise Cole, but he barely noticed. Shane, on the other hand, loved trying to jump on my head! He's a funny little toot.

I did have to get on his case a little. I noticed that he was having a little too much fun upsetting Cole's balance. Now, Pop and I enjoy bouncing around Shane, so he could have learned it from us. Little monkeys see and then do. I did give him a time out later when he bumped into Cole on purpose in the yard. Shane's going to be the oldest of all the cousins; I want him to learn to be a protector of family. It wasn't a big bump or anything abnormal for a three year old. I just want to be aware.

It was amazing (to me) watching how much differently Shane moved than Cole. Shane's grown so much in such in what suddenly felt like a shorter time than before. I look forward to those two playing even more over the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment