Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Happy Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday! The work week is half done!

Shane, Nana, and I went to feed the fish/turtles at the pond by Nana's neighborhood pool.



Afterward, Nana wanted to go on a tennis ball hunt. We didn't find any, but I scaled the fence so that Shane could run around on the actual courts. My climbing evoked an immediate, "I want to do that, too!" The sky teased rain and we left after a while.

Shane and I's next stop was the library. John was on duty. We wanted to give him the gift of a three-year old to brighten an otherwise library-quiet day!


Everything is a ride to a three-year old. I spun Shane in donation carts, hid him in a recycling box, and he took a ride on shelving cart, too. The recycling box turned out to be built more flimsily than I suspected. Mid-swing the bottom gave out! Shane spilled out the bottom and said, "Again! Fix it! Again!" John laughed so hard he had trouble breathing.


I tried to coach Shane to say, "You're recruited!" and enlist random library staff to push him around after that. A few even fell for it! One lady gave Shane a chocolate from her bottom desk drawer. He immediately checked other cubicles for more.


From there we returned to Nana and Pop's. Shane enjoyed some more quality grandparent time reading books and playing outside. Spring weather is great. We'll miss it in the heat, so it's good to enjoy it now! 

Shane, Roxy, and I did not get home from our adventures until about 8:15 PM. There was just enough to time to calm down and prep for bed. What a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment