Thursday, May 15, 2014

Transfer Accomplished

I have a job for next year!

After two and a half weeks of interviews and no offers, I received two offers in less than 24 hours.

It was a relief.

I was not panicked (yet), but it's a lot of work interviewing all the time. Common knowledge said that "Math + Science + SPED + experience" meant hot commodity, but nine interviews later it didn't seem to be panning out.

The first offer arrived at 4:00 PM on Tuesday. "If I were to offer you a position at _____, would you accept?"

I was ready to be done. I didn't say "Yes," right away, because I was still unsure of exactly what I wanted to do. I wanted to talk it over with Carrie first.

The next morning I checked in with a few co-workers to see what they thought about the school. My department chair told me it was a good school and then called them back in front of me to provide a reference. When she hung up the phone she said, "They want you."

Of course, the second offer came in while she was on the phone. There were three opportunities I was most interested in; The two schools tied in the lead were the two offers. Go figure.

I made my decision fairly quickly. I had been praying for help to make the decision when the time came.

I'm happy to say I will be teaching Algebra in high school next year. I'm looking forward to the new opportunity and to trying out block scheduling!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! So nice to not have that uncertainty anymore. And I bet that'll be a nice change (after the initial hard work of preparing to teach a new subject).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Good news! Love, Aunt B.

    ReplyDelete