Monday, November 7, 2016

Day 3: Magic Kingdom

Next up, the Magic Kingdom! Carrie, Shane, and I tackled it solo. Grandpa was ill, so he and Grandma remained behind.

Shane chose the monorail over the ferry to start the adventure!


And Carrie got searched....again! She must look suspicious.


We made it in soon enough. We had the whole day to wander and the weather was beautiful again!


We caught the tail end of a music show right away.


First stop, Tomorrowland!


Carrie had set up the FastPass schedule in the morning. We arrived at Space Mountain early and had a few minutes to kill.


Shane wanted face paint. At $16, I would have said no to the gold-dipped decorations anywhere else, but we flew to Disney to make memories! Shane got tiger'ed up.


We had a mini lesson in selfies, afterward.


First picture: Where your eyes focus in the picture when you stare at the screen and click.

Second picture: Where your eyes focus when you stare at the lens and click.


It kept him busy while Carrie got her face done!



I couldn't help but snap a million pictures of the two all day. They're photogenic.


And no, I abstained. If Shane had really wanted me to get something done, I would have. He never mentioned it, and I didn't bring it up.

We went on Shane's first roller coast dolled up. Finally, some adrenaline! Though, some of my adrenaline came from trying to hold Shane's shoulders the whole way down, just in case. You can see in the picture (which Disney also wanted $16 for - Nope!).


Shane loved it. He wanted to go on it again, but FastPasses don't work that way.

We found a quarter and went to a shooting gallery instead.


Carrie got competitive and complained about the sightings.


Our next ride was Pirates of the Caribbean.


I much preferred the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.


I loved the movie as a kid. I wanted to design treehouses.


Shane wanted to track all the water coursing up and around.


The Swiss Family Robinson is on my short list of Disney movies I wish I could stream for free before Shane's too old (Right next to Mary Poppins).


After lunch and chasing birds, we got to see the Philaharmagic show and walk under Cinderella's castle. I wish Shane had gotten to see all of these movies before we went.


Random mallard sighting.


Nana's favorite duck.


Most of the rides we found at Disney were high on theme and low on adrenaline. That's perfect for little kids.


The Buzz Lightyear ride was two laser guns, a spinning car, a million targets, and a score display. Shane almost won (with help)!


Not that there was a prize.


Magic Kingdom had some basic rides with short lines that the other parks lacked. We hopped on the people mover to tour around Tomorrowland before our last FastPass (the dwarf rollercoaster).


We finished the night on a carousel. Shane stole the horse Carrie wanted.


She was in pursuit right behind him the whole time!


This was just for me. I loved Sword in the Stone.

"Shane! Try to pull it out, so I can get a picture!"


Silly, Carrie. You can't really pull it out.


Shane didn't like being out of the picture.


By that time, it was late. The sun was down, and we were tired. We wound around Cinderella's Castle again and stumbled upon a parade!


A parade that sang "Adios!" and "Vamos!" We think they wanted everyone to leave.


We followed Goofy, Minnie, Phineas, Ferb, and Officer Hopps right back to the entrance! Well played, Disney!

We took the ferry home to get the full experience.


Then we stopped at Moe's for dinner on the way home. I miss burritos and Moe Mondays!


The Magic Kingdom was my favorite day of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment