Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Wrestling Has Begun!

Wrestling is underway. My middle school kids started Monday. I waited outside for the bus, but no one got off it. The season's start was never announced.

Oops.

A couple kids showed up late by car. I've been in contact with everyone from last year, so they were all aware, at least.

Tuesday an announcement was made and I had six kids show up. Half of them arrived on the wrong bus twenty minutes later than expected, but they showed up.

The other half showed up even later on the right bus.

Lots of kinks to work out. I have eight wrestlers so far (six returning, two new).

Meanwhile, the high school team is depleted. No one returned from last year. I showed up to their practices Thursday and Friday the week before. I wanted a chance to see how the new coach ran his practices to figure out the most effective way to share the room. Everyone he's got is brand new to the sport and some don't speak English. They're new to the country (and from Syria, I think). It required some creative communications to coach. I got to practice a few Arabic phrases I learned from Daniel's father.

I am excited for the season. I've got plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment