Saturday, November 26, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016.....Take Two

Happy Turkey Day! Again!


It was great to see family and eat!

Carrie, Shane, and I drove over to Grandma and Grandpa's Friday night. We watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas before bed.


Shane helped Grandpa make waffles the next morning.


He's been cooking lately.


The ladies took over for the heavy, lunch cooking. The gents were on distraction detail.



Shane did help set the table.


I turned on Star Wars to try and keep him busy the last few minutes before guests arrived. I sat down to watch it with him...


...and then the kid killed me. He ran to beg for Grandma's iPad, so he could play Angry Birds instead!


Have I mentioned my kid's an addict? This is what happens when guests do arrive and the iPad gets put away.


People over things, Shane. People over things.

Grandpa, Grandma, Grunkle Mike, and Graunt Janet, Brian, Kim, and Ryan arrived in waves. Shane recovered in time to eat.


It's not like he didn't get to take selfies with Aunt Kim afterward.


The adults all settled in to watch football and cheer Penn State. Between all the noise, preparation, and hubub, Carrie, Shane and I returned home for a quieter evening.

He was thrilled - I gave him my phone for the ride back. Carrie broke out a new toy when we got home to keep the night special.


Glowing Lego-like bricks.


Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment