Sunday, July 30, 2017

Church Picnic Recovery Day!

The day after vacation was the summer church field day. This year, there were inflatables. 


Shane was pleased.


There was a race course inflatable for the older kids. Shane tried it a couple of times early on.


I blitzed through it once with him before any other kids showed up. Then I sat back and let the kids play (because that's what it's really about for me).



We spent a lot more time in the kids' bouncy house.



At some point, Shane decided he wanted to be a cat. I don't know why. He did this mid basketball game. I told him if he got stepped on, it would be his own fault. It didn't stop him, but he didn't get stepped on either.


After we ate, Shane wanted cotton candy.


He got it.


It was love at first sight.


And it continued after first bite.


"Time go Shane. You don't have to eat it all," I said.


Oh, but he wanted to. He wanted to.


We went out to get chicken feed, groceries, and gas after that. When we finally got home, Carrie had already started dinner. Shane got to get parked in front of the TV for a bit while Carrie split her time cooking and trying to save the world with me in Pandemic Legacy. There was no need to go anywhere or try to cram any other activities in. It was good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment