Saturday, July 8, 2017

Tech Support Trip

We made an unscheduled tech support and morale boosting trip to Grandma's Saturday. Grandma's keyboard died. Carrie picked up a new one and rushed to the rescue. She was feeling low after some horse stuff, and was happy for a task. 

It was supposed to be a day trip, but turned out to require longer. Grandma and Grandpa were going on out of town Monday and there was a sudden barrage of travel work the trio tackled.

Shane and I went out for a bit to let them work. No other kids were crazy enough to go to the playground in 95 degree weather without cloud cover, though.


Shane wanted to crawl underneath the road. I nixed it, but at least he was thinking shaded. I've crawled through those myself, so I know the draw (not that I have a desire to do so now).


We all went out for burger break for dinner.



Carrie made a surprise detour on the way home Sunday. "You're getting a haircut," she said.


She was right.


Shane's picture doesn't show truly show how poofy my beard looked. It was longer than anything on top of my head.

We stretched our legs around Target and then made a second stop at Aunt Sara's Pancake House. Carrie taught Shane the peg game.


He got to decorate his own funny face pancakes for his meal.


Shane's a great traveler. He's gotten to see a lot of family this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment