Wednesday, July 5, 2017

My Mornings Be Like...

Wake-up between 7-7:30 AM.

Shane has snuck past my door because he really wants to see if Mommy is up downstairs. She'll put on an episode. I won't.

Coffee and Reading. I have peace until the episodes ends, but not quiet. My eyes stray to the TV from time to time.

TV goes off and the "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy's!" start.

"Daddy, can we go outside?"

"Daddy, can you shoot water guns with me?"

"Daddy, want to play pokemon?"

"Daddy, want to build a snake with me?"

"Daddy, can I ____________," or "Daddy, lets _______" etc, etc.

I normally do something, but Shane is off to the next thing and asking for more a heartbeat later. There's no time in between to recharge.

"Let me finish reading this," or "Give me a short break, okay?"

"Ok."

Thirty seconds later to three minutes later the "Dads?" start again.

I know I'm going to miss Shane wanting my attention one day, but I'd pay for 10-15 minute breathers right now.

I went upstairs one day to fold laundry and Shane started yelling "Dad!!!??" rather than looking for me (We had a word about that).

The only way I get Shane to leave me alone is to clean. "You should help!"

Crickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment