Thursday, July 6, 2017

Walnut Creek

Shane and I met Dylan and Eli at Walnut Creek Thursday morning.


We had the whole area to ourselves!


The boys played, explored, and then made a lot of mud. There was a hose hookup near a picnic area Shane and Dylan used to make "a stream."


It was all fun and games for a while, but Dylan and Eli started to get testy when the beach didn't open up when they thought it should. Shane played the optimistic foil.


When the 'beach' opened, the boys were the first in the water.


Shane and Dylan spent the next hour and a half trying to catch fish and spray older kids with water guns. To say they had fun is an understatement.


Eli had fun, too, but he dropped down for a nap.

Walnut Creek was only 10 miles south of town, but it must have been 5 miles out of cell service for me. The only thing that showed up on my phone was text from work about a student looking for me.

I double checked my saved emails and there was no notice I was needed at a certain time, but it put a damper on my fun. I tried to send some outgoing texts to ask what was up, but my service disappeared as fast as it had shown up.

Turned out not to be a big deal, but I wish the school stuff was on permanent hold this summer. Maybe next year we should leave the country for a month. Shane's getting old enough for that and it'd be good for him!

But in the meantime, Walnut Creek is a ton of fun. We'll have to visit again with Dylan before the summer is out!

No comments:

Post a Comment