Saturday, July 29, 2017

Our Stories Meet Again

Friday evening, we pulled back up to Nana and Pop's. Someone was at the door waiting for us.


They family was reunited! Shane was berserko happy. He nearly jumped on Carrie's bum toe multiple times, but he had to get his energy out somehow.


Playing with his mattress was safer for everyone.


Eventually he calmed down enough for a puzzle while Carrie and I caught up with everyone.


Then Cole and Evelyn came over and the wild started anew.


Ka and Stu were attending a wedding, so the cousins would be spending the night.


Tenley's still too young, so she got to go with her parents.


Kathleen took a couple of brownies Carrie brought from the bakery we stayed over for road energy.


They planned to travel through the night. Tenley is not the best traveler from what Nana told me.


It was a ton of fun for the kids. They love each other.


The noise was a bit overwhelming for Carrie at times, but I like how alive everyone is.


I, also, like that Carrie and I went up to save the world again after the kids went to bed. No spoilers: The plot line in Pandemic Legacy is not my favorite, but the mechanics make it a ton of fun. It's a unique experience with stickers and tearing up cards (though I just saved them in case we made a mistake).


The kids got to play around one last time Saturday morning. Carrie was busy at work, so we didn't go until she finished. A travel agent's job can strike at any time, any where (Seriously. There was a tech SNAFU that hit right before whitewater rafting. Eventually, we had to hop in the car, I drove, Carrie turned her phone into a hot spot, and made me pull over where there was good signal for a critical moment.)


The ride home was smoother than the ride in. We listened to a lot more of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Shane's turned in to a great traveler.


When we got home, I made him help unload the car. Then I awarded him a legendary Pokemon deck from Nana and Pop for helping with the younger cousins during the week.


We broke out Katamari Damacy next (The game I bought in Wytheville).


And when Shane went to bed, Carrie and I continued our campaign. We wanted to win before Carrie left for Ireland.


Home at last. Home at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment