Thursday, May 3, 2018

A Different Ride

I took a different ride to work today. Rainbow Dash distracted me every time she swung into my peripheral vision.


Carrie sent me a text to make sure I got to work incident free. I don't get those texts in the Volvo.

The reason for the switch was tire related. Carrie made friends at a tire shop while she was living at Sonya's and raising Nibs. She drove my car to help Sonya and pick up tires for a nice price.

Which left me with the truck.

It took Shane a moment to realize what had happened when I picked him up. I let him walk out into the parking lot (he marched so determinedly) and then I asked, "Where's the car?" That made him stop and look around. He put it together and changed direction. I don't know where he was walking to before!


We had our soccer practice in 90 degree weather.


Since my school is attached to the field, I was able to go inside to refill Shane's water bottle. That let him share some.


Only one coach was present. He made the wise choice of talking less and keeping the kids active. They played a bunch of games. It was one of their best practices all year!


It's amazing how kids improve even when it seems like every practice and game is chaos. The doing is the important part. 

Fun practice. Shane asked for blob tag and there was blob tag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment