Sunday, May 20, 2018

A Hole in the Clouds

After days of rain, the sun came out! Shane helped Carrie curtail bamboo growth before church.


It was another, "entertain yourself" morning. Shane dumped out all my cards and played his own version of 5-Minute Dungeon.


We went to the later church service and then hit up Costco for groceries.


Shane got into a discussion with a woman about the tomato plants she was buying. You could tell she had children by how patient she was with him telling her everything she already knew!


We bumped into one of my wrestlers, Jin. He introduced Shane to his grandma as, "the kid who hangs on to my leg!"

Guess what Shane did? He latched on to Jin's leg. Neither Jin or Shane could get enough of it, but I didn't want them bumping anyone. It happened again a couple of times as we bumped into them shopping.

I had to excuse us to shop faster at one point, because Shane really wanted to poop.

Baseball practice was at four.


The coach was solo, but their weren't many kids.


I had an "Oh, duh!" moment. I finally realized that the Jordan from baseball was the same Jordan at TKD. I've recognized him and known his name was Jordan whenever I saw him at TKD, but somehow never put two and two together. I blame the work burnout.


Shane burned out on paying attention himself. Maybe it was the heat. He did a crap job of doing what the coach was asking.


Practice ended early (4 PM), but Ezra stayed to play. Shane and Ezra climbed and talked until 4:30 PM.


Soccer ended with a whimper yesterday, so baseball is our only seasonal activity left. Only three games left. Summer is edging closer and closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment