Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial Day 2018

It was going to rain all day,
We invited Sam to play.
Yes, electronics,
no loud tectonics,
And we had a happy day!


Limerick aside, it was a good day. The boys started looking at Pokemon cards...


...and then ran up to check out Shane's room.


Shane had been helping clean up the house. His definition of a clean room and mine are different.


The boys were stomping around too much for Carrie's liking with Nova (possibly) asleep.


I set the boys up with the SNES emulator and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.


The promised rain was long in coming. I easily could have taken them outside in retrospect.


I let them play the Pokemon TCG on the computer at Sam's request instead.


Sam hung around for three and a half hours. The boys gorged themselves on electronics and it was okay.

I did talk to Shane about what the day was for after Sam left. I kept it simple since he's young, but I like to keep it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment