Wednesday, January 23, 2019

A Generation Passes On...

Grandma Lois passed away Jan 22nd. I got the email after my wrestling match.

Lois' daughter, Sherrie, had emailed Pop the day before. She told Pop that the hospice nurses thought it wouldn't be long and they weren't wrong.

Grandma Lois will be missed, but it was about as peaceful an ending as one could hope for. Grandma Lois was ready to go home to see Jesus and Grandpa Vern.

While this has been happening, Aunt Ellen (Grandpa Vern's sister) began to slip away for her final journey. She would pass to heaven on Jan 24th.

The funerals will both be held the final week of January. Unfortunately for me, that's the last week of wrestling season and the first full week of new students and new classes. I looked into a plane ticket, but I felt like my duties here prevented my attendance.

I do want to make it out to Nebraska to pay my respects. It just looks like it will be at a later date. I hope to bring Shane and Carrie with me, but I'll have to look into it more later on.

For now, my prayers are with the family and the days march on.

No comments:

Post a Comment