Friday, January 11, 2019

Shane's First Wrestling Match.....Not.

Shane almost had his first wrestling match of the year today.

Almost.

I headed over to the school on my way home from wrestling practice. Carrie was going to pick up Shane. Only she was working and late to leave to pick him up. Then there was an accident on 64 that backed up the road, so that she couldn't get him quickly. I was on the other side of town and the accident would have blocked me from getting him, as well.

When it was clear he'd be 40+ minutes late to an event scheduled for an hour or so, I got frustrated and called it. It turned out Shane's singlet was still at home, so he wouldn't have been able to wrestle even if he had shown up late.

It was a frustrating miscue. A lot of junior wrestling meets aren't as conveniently local and/or conflict with meets for my wrestlers.

Shane will have to get his first match of the year in another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment