Saturday, January 12, 2019

Snow Incoming?

A snowstorm is predicted for the weekend. It's supposed to start sometime in the afternoon, so it was imperative to get some Shane energy out early in the morning!

We were the first ones at TKD. The instructor let Shane practice his flying side kicks.

"NOW! Do NINETY-NINE more!"


I was laughing.

"Why you stop running? Go faster! RUN!"

I really like Shane's gym master.

It was a sparring day, so there was plenty of energy that got out.


Raheem knocked in the afternoon. He had a new football with him. I hung out in the house, so they'd play focus on each other for a while. When I did pop out, Raheem immediately asked to play catch.

So I did. He kept my kid busy for a while, so it seemed fair recompense!


We had to say good-bye to Raheem to go to Shane's basketball game. Shane put me on the spot and asked if Rah could come.


I said, "No." If it did start to snow as advertised, I didn't want to be responsible for an extra kid who I wasn't sure about if the mom would remember where he was. I felt bad doing it, but the game was 20 minutes away and I didn't think Rah would find 2nd graders all that fascinating when we got there.

The game turned out to be pretty interesting, though. Shane's team had an early lead, but the other team had a huge comeback thanks to one kid's precocious shooting and won by one shot. I sat next to and was talking with his Great-Aunt. His name was Legend and maybe this was the start to his basketball legend.


Shane was a partying fool most of the game. Legend's Great-Aunt remarked, "He's full of personality!"

I'll post some video eventually.

It was snowing as we left, but nothing was sticking to the road yet. We headed home for a night of electronics and snowflakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment