Friday, February 22, 2019

The Rubber Band Update Game

What you're not seeing in retrospect is I'm going 4 or 5 days without posting (Maybe even 7 or 8 or more...). Then the next few days I rush to catch up.

The following week I fall back behind and the cycle repeats.

I came across a meme the other day.

I mostly agree. If the meme changed "Unpleasant" to "An unpleasant lesson to be learned" I'd agree even more.

I'm dealing with my burnout. Sometimes it takes a summoning of willpower to do things at work I'd consider basic. 

And yet, through it all I still have hope. I don't believe the burnout will last forever. In the end, God's got this. If anything, this season will help me empathize with other people who go through something similar.

Maybe that's the plan.

Even if it's not, I'm living it and time will march on.

I'm still working on "...consider it pure joy,..., when you face trials of many kinds...," but I'll get there. 

I had a personal turning point this morning. It was feeling extra rough (My boss was checking on people to make sure they weren't 'hopeless') and then the next day my outlook brightened. I can't tell you a reason other than I prayed about it. I find myself going back to thinking about how I felt before and after, but the only thing I can tell you is, "I feel better." Not that I'm there yet, or that I'm not counting days of school and doing the math to see what percentage is left, but I feel better about things.

Which is good timing, because there's lots of work to be done prepping the house, updating my resume, and doing everything else that needs to be done! All in God's time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment