Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Some Random New Kent

Unfortunately, we don't know any kids in New Kent. We've spent a lot of time at the house or on the road (as you may have seen in previous posts). Shane and I did do some exploring to try and find playmates/adventure, so I collected the pictures here.

We went to the library before our road trip to NOVA.


I'd hoped Shane would find books for the trip and bump into kids to contact later. There were no kids, but there were toys! Shane played in the library for a long while before I made him get up and look for a book.


It was a small, but nice library. It was about twice the size of the Scottsville branch!


The librarian let us check out a book and a Hank the Cowdog CD on Grandma's account.


Shane's had a lot more electronic time than he normally would since we don't know any kids in the area. There's a small playground nearby Grandpa will sometimes drive Shane to, but the heat and humidity was stifling. I didn't want to be out in it. Therefore, Shane played puzzle quest, Lego Lord of the Rings, and a few other things.


In between working, Carrie worked some on getting her pathfinder achievement in WoW, so she could fly in Zuldazar!


The cats have enjoyed us being around!


Bucket's even learned to use the cat door with much trial and error (mostly error).


Boo is still not happy the other cats are around. She's social with people, but she's still looking awful. She's emaciated and started to get nippier. She gave Shane a nip on the skull out of nowhere where he was lying on the couch (It didn't break skin or anything, but the nips could be a sign she's in pain/uncomfortable).


Random: We missed trash day the first week in the house and we've been playing catch-up ever since. I've taken that duty upon myself and I've taken it seriously. I was musing about it while running to the window whenever I heard a large engine go by. I wanted to know the pick-up time for future reference.


Carrie took Shane on a Pokemon walk or two, but I wasn't able to organize everyone to go for a family walk until one evening. We didn't get off Grandma's street before Shane fell in love with someone's yard full of fountains. Carrie kept telling him to get out of their lawn, but when she went in to take pictures for ideas....well, monkey see, monkey do!

Of course, someone called with a work or house emergency and it cut the walk short.


Shane and I stayed out on our own and he made volcanoes out of sand to blast the golf ball he found in the woods into the stratosphere!


It's both quiet and busy. I'm glad it's summer. I'll be even happier when all of the moving mess is done and the next adventure starts. It's good to rest and have fun on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment