Sunday, January 19, 2020

Animal Trouble - Grounded!

One of the quickest ways to get under Carrie's skin is to bother an animal. 

So imagine how quick Shane got in hot water when he launched himself on the couch next to a sleeping Bucket! The cat bolted awake and ricocheted off the wall with a parkour move! She ran down the hallway in a complete panic.

Carrie was watching and Shane was smiling when he should have been showing some remorse.

I drafted Shane for some afternoon errands, because electronics-free and with energy he tends to burrow himself further under Carrie's skin and into more trouble. 

We tried to go by Northside library, but it was closed. I dropped us by a used book store instead.


I miss going to the Book Rack in Beaumont when I was a kid. My sibs and I bought and traded a ton of books there! Prices have gone up since then, but with rent the way it is I'm not surprised.


I tried to point Shane towards Runaway Ralph, but he had other ideas. He picked out some books and then ogled at the store's fish.


We went by Costco afterward, because it's a great weekend stop. Shane wanted to be "the cart claw" for me. I let him and even encouraged it....by pushing him into the cold area on his own.

"Get some milk, Cart Claw!"

Shane stuck to his job and used his claw to drag himself over!


I had him check the dates and everything before going in to get him.


I sent Shane outside with Loki some when we got home. Shane had Loki running circles around the arena to catch him! Shane would climb up the fence and jump up whenever Loki got close. That led to another lap for Loki and both boys worked out a chunk of energy.


Shane took a long shower near bedtime and we survived his grounding a-okay. I don't know if he really learned his lesson or not, but hopefully the seed is in there somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment