Monday, March 23, 2020

COVID 19 - The Coronavirus: The BIG Announcement

At 2 PM, Governor Northam announced that all Virginia schools would remain closed for the rest of the academic year.

I was truly surprised.

We were still under orders to be closed until Friday, so why make the announcement now? Why not wait further to have more data AND better prepare your plan?

The announcement was made, but no guidance for the school systems is due to come out until tomorrow (and maybe Wednesday if the VDOE needs more time to figure it out!).

I get the need for taking precautions.

I don't get why this decision had to be made today.

I don't get why it was "end of the school year" when there was still more time to make a plan.

I've enjoyed my time at home, but I figured we'd go back at some point. I was sad to hear the announcement.

The only thing to do is go forward, though.

I read something like "It will be hard to tell if we overreacted, but it will be easy to prove if we under-reacted." I'm praying that either this decision helps, or the virus situation changes for the better and we find ourselves back in the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment